Everyone enjoys Pizza, This Simple to make Pizza Dough is something to make with the kids as they just love this part.
Getting the kids involved by giving them a little dough to play with they will enjoy the experience and be proud to say I made that one!
Homemade Pizza Dough
Simple Dough for Delicious Authentic Pizza Bases
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast and warm water. Stir to dissolve the yeast and allow the mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
- Using a sieve or strainer, “sift” about half of the flour over the yeast mixture and blend until smooth with your hands.
- Kids just love this part, give them a little to play with as the dough can easily spoil and not raise correctly if played with too much.
- Sift in the remaining flour and mix to blend.
- Lightly flour your work bench and turn the dough onto the floured area and knead for 3 to 5 minutes.
- The dough should feel smooth when all the ingredients fully blended. Place the dough into a large lightly oiled bowl cover with plastic wrap and let rest in a warm place, 1 1/2 hours is enough. If done correctly it should increase double its original size.
- Now the dough has risen turn it gently onto a floured surface. Divide the dough into three or four parts and roll each into a ball.
- Divide Dough Cover with a clean tea towel and let it rest for further 10 minutes. Get one of the dough balls and flatten it into a 20-25cm disc shape. Depending on how many Pizza’s you want; do the same with the other dough balls.
- If you don’t want to make them all, you can freeze the rest of the dough for a later date, ready to use once thawed.
- Dough can easily spoil and not raise correctly if played with too much.